The Power Program is designed for adult athletes who have experience in bike racing or other competitive athletic experience. Athletes of this program have mastered the fundamentals of cycling, and are beginning to specialize in specific cycling disciplines (road, track, mountain bike, cyclo-cross). The program works towards facilitating athletic growth and development in specific cycling disciplines, preparing athletes for competition in Alberta races.
Athletes take part in coached sessions and are required to have their own road bike, rollers (and/or trainer), and heart rate monitors. Athletes are also required to bring athletic shoes and clothing for strength and agility practices. Having a cycling power meter is an asset.
- Monday: indoor riding sessions at the Oval from 7 to 9 p.m.
- Wednesday: indoor riding sessions at the Oval from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Saturday: Group ride outdoors or indoor weather depending. 10a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Athletes will be given strength programs during the winter to do on their own Tuesday and Thursday at their local gym.
Club Race Orientation takes place on Monday, September 29th at 7:00pm in the Olympic Oval Lounge at the University of Calgary.
- Fall (11 week) program: October 5, 2011 to December 20, 2011 – $620
- Winter (11 week) program: January 4, 2012 to March 20, 2012 – $620
- Summer (25 weeks) program: March 21 , 2012 to September 1 , 2012 – $620
For more information or to register please contact Philippe Abbott , at 403.210.7987 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Power Program Forms 2011-2012.pdf